The National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance is proud to bring wilderness stewardship funding opportunities to our Partner Member Organizations. As the NWSA grows we hope more funding opportunities will be available to our Partner Members.
To be eligible to apply for NWSA Funding your organization must:
- Be a current IRS recognized non profit, such as a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit or have a fiscal sponsor who is a qualified organization.
Some Grants require that you be a current NWSA Partner Member Organization; check the specifics of each Grant Program. Typically our Wilderness only grant programs require a membership, such as our Boots on the Ground or NWSA WSP Funding Programs.
Our membership rates are shown below. Membership runs from October - September each year.
Renew your membership for 2019 now to continue to enjoy member benefits and access to these grant programs. Renew Now.
NWSA Partner Member Organization membership levels
- $75: Local/Regional organization - single entity
- $125: Statewide/Multi-State organization - 2 or more locations
- $200: National organization - single entity, 2 or more locations
- $1,000: Multi-Chapter organization (all chapters eligible for Partners-Only Benefits including granting programs) - 10 or more entities.
NWSA FUNDING PROGRAMS
- Wilderness Stewardship Performance Funding - Accepting applications through April 15th
- National Wilderness System Trail Stewardship Partnership Funding - Accepting applications through April 15th
- Boots on the Ground Funding - NWSA in partnership with the USDA Forest Service is providing Boots on the Ground Trail Stewardship Funding for the 2019 Field Season. Follow the link for more information.