NWSA Covid - 19 Resources
The world has changed dramatically in the last few months. Self-quarantine, stay at home orders, shutdowns... The impact on wilderness stewardship has been dramatic. NWSA has pulled together a variety of resources that you can use to help navigate through this time of uncertainty.
Top Three Things to Remember:
- Follow State and local guidelines for social distancing, quarantine, and re-opening requirements.
- Regularly check the Center for Disease Control website for up-to-date medical guidance of protecting your self and employees during this pandemic.
- Follow good hygiene practices, like wearing a mask, and washing hands regularly to best protect yourself and others.
Key Contacts for Information:
National Medical Websites:
Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
National Park Service: https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/news/public-health-update.htm
Bureau of Land Management: https://www.blm.gov/alert/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-response
Fish and Wildlife Service: https://www.fws.gov/home/public-health-update.html
US Forest Service: https://www.fs.usda.gov/about-agency/covid19-updates
Protocols for Reopening:
- General Contacts
- Covid-19 Response Plan - components for a re-opening plan
- Public Contact at your Office
- Transportation Safety
- Daily Practices
- Maintaining Relevancy
- Start-up Considerations
- Volunteer Strategies
Be sure to check out federal agency information on Covid actions.
- Forest Service Memo - Recreation Sites and Services - March 24, 2020
- FS Saw Certification Extension Letter
Found a useful protocol to share? Send it our way and we will consider posting it. We are all in this together.