NWSA Funding Programs
The National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance is proud to bring wilderness stewardship funding opportunities to our Partner Member Organizations. As the NWSA grows we hope more funding opportunities will be available to our Partner Members.
To be eligible to apply for NWSA Wilderness Funding your organization must:
- Be a current IRS recognized non profit, such as a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit or have a fiscal sponsor who is a qualified organization.
- Some Funding Programs require that you be a current NWSA Partner Member Organization; check the specifics of each Funding Program. Typically our Wilderness only funding programs require a membership, such as our Boots on the Ground or NWSA WSP Funding Programs.
Our membership rates are shown below. Membership now runs on the calendar year: January through December.
Renew your membership for 2021 now to continue to enjoy member benefits and access to these grant programs. Renew Now.
NWSA Partner Member Organization membership levels
- $75: Local/Regional organization - single entity
- $125: Statewide/Multi-State organization - 2 or more locations
- $200: National organization - single entity, 2 or more locations
- $1,000: Multi-Chapter organization (all chapters eligible for Partners-Only Benefits including granting programs) - 10 or more entities.
View a Video about NWSA Funding Programs
Learn about the 2021 Selection Process and how to propose a fundable project
NWSA FUNDING PROGRAMS: 2021 Funding Programs are being reviewed.
- Wilderness Stewardship Performance Funding Partner Funding - 2021 - 25 proposals received; all funded
- National Forest System Trail Stewardship Partner Funding - 2021 - 92 proposals received; 48 funded
- Boots on the Ground Funding - This program is dependent on funding. Not currently accepting applications.